Keeping up with wedding pandemic guidelines in New Jersey is a marathon.
As of this writing, State of New Jersey regulations say NJ event venues can host 25% capacity with a maximum of 150 people for indoor events. 500 people are allowed for outdoor events with less social distancing required. Dance floors are still a no-no. The latest COVID19 guidelines from the state of New Jersey can be found here. Guidelines are also expected to continuously evolve to ensure a safe wedding during COVID19. So check back for updates, and for the latest information.
Take a virtual tour of Brooklake!
We invite you to take a 360 virtual tour of our newly renovated Brooklake. Set amongst 150 acres of lavish gardens and our beautiful lake, you can explore our entire venue in detail. Our team at Brooklake will work closely with you to ensure your day is as magical, and safe, as you dreamt it would be.
Planning a 2020 wedding in New Jersey may be a little different. Brooklake will make your day extraordinary.
James Pritsiolas and his bride celebrated their 2020 wedding at Brooklake. The pandemic meant they had to reschedule a few times, but in the end they had a safe wedding during COVID19. In fact, it exceeded all expectations! Here’s the 5 Star Review he left for us on Google:
Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value
“Our Wedding had to be rescheduled (by us) no fewer than four times because of COVD-19 and evolving New Jersey regulations. Despite the stress that this created, Peter (Director of Catering) and the rest of the staff at Brooklake Country Club did an outstanding job of accommodating us. Our Ceremony and Reception were both held outdoors in a setting that was beyond beautiful. The service and food exceeded all of our expectations. The Event Manager Maury did a great job of coordinating everything, and Edith was incredibly attentive as a Bridal Attendant (every Bride should have an Edith at least once in her life!) As the days pass since our Wedding, our memories of that night at Brooklake Country Club grow even warmer.”
During COVID-19, a beautiful outdoor wedding venue is appreciated, if not essential.
By now we all know how gathering in the open air is the best option in 2020. Your guests will appreciate the opportunity to move freely from the beautiful ballroom to our outdoor veranda. The veranda overlooks our picture perfect lake, rolling hills and gardens. It can also be your gateway to an extraordinary tented event.
During COVID-19, adequate space is also essential for your wedding.
When we are not living in COVID19 times, Brooklake can comfortably accommodate gatherings that are quite large. Currently New Jersey is limiting gatherings to 25% capacity. That means your more intimate indoor wedding and reception can still entertain a good sized guest list. Your personal advisors at Brooklake will help you plan with the latest protocols in mind.
Planning a wedding can be stressful at any time. How about when there’s a pandemic?
Sean gave Brooklake a A++ 10/10 and says he would absolutely recommend an outdoor event at Brooklake.
“I N C R E D I B L E ! My now wife and I found Brooklake after having lost an unimaginable amount of money at another venue in Morris County. We wanted to be sure that if we threw our wedding that it would be safe for our guests and unfortunately our prior venue could not accommodate our number of guests outdoors.
We were experiencing every type of emotion and couldn’t understand how we could possibly be taken for such a ride and hesitant to ever deal with another venue again. Nonetheless we wanted to get married with a reduced number of guests given the pandemic and Peter greeted us with nothing but patience, understanding, and love. We couldn’t have felt like family more and Peter quickly answered “yes” to almost all of our requests and was extremely honest in all regards.
The team ensured all of our guests were distanced and safe throughout our event and the facility was absolutely gorgeous. If you chose to have your event here, expect accommodations, service, and comfort to be above and beyond anything you can fathom. A++ 10/10 would absolutely recommend working with Brooklake!”
Beyond dancing: These wedding reception entertainment ideas, from toasts to comedians, are sure to delight your guests.
Here are some ideas for your 2020 NJ wedding:
- Most couples still hire a DJ or a live band even if dancing isn’t going to be a part of your reception entertainment. Your DJ or bandleader will serve as an emcee for the evening, and will play music for special dances, ambiance, and other important moments during your event.
- Less dancing means more time for speeches and toasts. If you’re having a micro wedding, you could even ask each and every guest to say a few words.
- We all could use a laugh right about now! A fun wedding reception entertainment idea is to hire a stand-up comedian to perform a short set while guests are enjoying dinner.
- A live event artist will paint a scene from your wedding during the event. Not only is it fun for your guests to watch the progression of the artwork, you’ll also receive a gorgeous painting to treasure in your home after the big day is over.
- Have a wine or whiskey tasting. Each table can be served a flight of wines or whiskey varieties (with appropriate accompaniments). You can include printed materials on each wine or whiskey so that guests can learn more, or even have a sommelier or whiskey expert on hand to guide your crew through the tasting. Cheers!
- How about a magician? There are lots of magicians and illusionists that specialize grown-up events—and will totally wow your guests!
Brooklake’s wedding professionals are part of a team of dedicated people who will assist you every step of the way. Contact a Brooklake event specialist.